View Hong Kong in a larger map
I've gotten a lot of advise on what to do during our 8 days in Hong Kong. Here's a list of some of the things we're hoping to do:
- The Peak – On a nice clear day
- Temple Street Night Markets – Stop and eat noodles on the street
- The Light Show – I'm told the best to see it from is Aqua, Felix or Sky Lounge. If you have time, book a restaurant called Hutong for a 7:30pm table. The light show starts at 8pm.
- The Mid-Level Escalator (Soho) – Jump off where you see cool bars and restaurants
- Walk up Nathan Road – Lots of sights and Sounds
- Go out at least one night in Wan Chai
- Go to Dragon-i for all-you-can-eat dim sum
- Take the Star Ferry – A beautiful and cheap way to travel
- Go to the Chi Lin Nunnery – My sources say this is a "must see"
- Go and see the HSBC building
- Go to Stanley
- Visit the Big Buddha
- Ride on a Junk
- Go to some of the smaller islands
- Visit the race track
- Hike the "Dragon's Back"
- Macau – The New Vegas
- Have afternoon tea in the Peninsula Hotel
- Visit mainland China – Shenzen is the place to go for cheap shopping and a spa treatment
By all means, if you know of anywhere else we should go or anything else we should do, let me know!